We’ve done it! All children at St Peter’s Preparatory School are back on site with Year 7 & Year 8 joining today!
St Peter’s Preparatory School has welcomed back Nursery and primary school age children in a phased return since 1 June 2020. Our pupils were delighted to see their friends again after so long away and return to a sense of normality (albeit in ‘bubbles’). The school has felt more full again.
We are delighted to announce that from 1 July are welcoming back Years 7 and 8, for the last week of term. Our Year 8 leavers will have the opportunity to say goodbye to their teachers and friends, celebrating their time with us.
A number of measures have been introduced in order to ensure that our pupils can return to school safely.
- ‘Bubble’ system: all pupils have been allocated to a bubble of 15, who work, play, eat and exercise together with their allocated adults, in specific segregated locations. Social distancing has been adhered to at all times if bubbles require access to communal spaces (such as toilets).
- Drop off and pick up times are coordinated in bubbles, with parents asked to remain in their vehicles as members of staff help children out of and into cars.
- St Peter’s has increased its cleaning routine, with all communal surfaces cleaned frequently throughout the day. Disinfectant wipes and hand sanitisers have been issued to all rooms and communal areas in use.
- Staff and pupils wash their hands upon arrival and frequently throughout the day, assisted by the introduction of outdoor sinks, next to classrooms.
- Pupils have been able to wear their own clothes, to ensure that clean clothes are worn every day.
- Learning is taken outdoors whenever possible, a feat made possible by St Peter’s extensive grounds. Specialist subject teachers stay with their allocated bubble and teach other pupils through Google Classroom, which the children access on Google Chromebooks.
Mrs Charlotte Johnston, Head, says: “It is a pleasure to be able to have all year groups back on site, here at St Peter’s Preparatory School. During lockdown, our teaching staff did a fantastic job of delivering learning online to pupils at home. This has enabled our pupils to benefit from regular contact with their tutors and make progress with their school work. From 1 July 2020 we will have pupils from all year groups back on site. It is a testament to the hard work of our Senior Leadership Team, teaching staff and operations/maintenance team that is possible. As a school community we look forward to celebrating the end of the school year together. Furthermore, we have now trialled having our whole school community back on site and we know that we can make this work for September.”
St Peter’s Preparatory School’s Admissions team is very busy with many families coming for socially distanced tours in these last two weeks of term. Whilst we are running a waiting list in a number of year groups, we do have availability in others so do contact our Director of Admissions & Marketing, Ms Rachel Elliott, on 01395 272148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book a tour or inquire about availability.